There are many pitfalls when starting a diet. Just the act of telling my partner I was about to focus on my diet was a reason for the latest grocery trip. Partner comes home beaming with joy and stocks the pantry with all my favorite junk food.
Announcing proudly “I brought you some....”
- Potato chips
- Flavored corn chips
- Fried Cheese flavored puffs
- And your favorite....chocolate snack cakes
Oh the sweet life
I don't have to worry about the salty things, for now, as I already have my lower calorie choices available. Besides R. likes all of them too. If I don't eat them, they still will disappear. Its the chocolate snack cakes placed on top of the Refrigerator. I imagine I hear them calling from on top of the refrigerator. I can't hide them in the pantry, out of sight still would not be out of mind. They have to stay prominently within view. Because that's where the sweet snacks have always been.
It has to be me
I have to remember that I'm the only one that eats sweets. My other half eats sweets, but has never craved them, never having a second portion of anything I bought or made that had a hint of sugar in it. Partners motto would have to be “Ones a plenty”. While my motto was “Eight isn't enough”. To hide the rolled chocolate cake, cream filled, chocolate enrobed, plastic encased, three bite blisses anywhere else would be to invite another shopping trip for partner to fill the sweet spot, with something else just as tempting with a product that has the shelf half-life of yellow cake uranium.
Temptation
I must face the enemy constantly. Its red, white, and blue box with the freckled innocent girl in western hat smiles with joy at me knowing she's going to win eventually. Her treasure will never spoil, or go moldy.
Advantage Tom B. - today
I think I can make Gunfighter Deb wait just another sundown before I give her satisfaction.
Today was a draw. We both stared each other down. Tell me how am I to win this invitation to duel? Her eyes are drawn open!
Today's tarot card
Strength: reversed
Facing a test of my own determination and will. Finding the power within to be able to succeed. Isn't that what diets are about?
No comments:
Post a Comment